French Language and Culture – Mona Mulhair – 2018 Institute
Session outline for the French Test
Goals & Objectives
1. To provide the participants with ideas and techniques (Vertical Team Concept) – To prepare the students from the basic level to the AP French Language and Culture.
2. To familiarize participants with the content and the structure of the different components of the AP French test.
3. To present the three modes of written and spoken communication defined in the Standards for Foreign Language learning in the 21st Century.
4. To familiarize the participants with the Presentational, the Interpersonal and the interpretive modes of Communication in Speaking and Writing.
5. To share materials and techniques that will assist the participants to understand the new approach and will help their students to succeed on their AP test.
6. To present the cultural approach and material to be incorporated at all levels of instruction.
7. To present the websites available and how to integrate the authentic material in their daily teaching.
8. To present the six essential themes and the sub-topics recommended to be integrated in the daily instruction.
9. To provide the participants with time and opportunity for collegial interaction and exchange of successful strategies.